Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sports, Beach, Midterms

Hola! I have been so busy the past few weeks! Last week (11-17) recreation sports began, so I have been playing a different sport pretty much every day. Monday is volleyball, Tuesday is basketball, and Wednesday is soccer. We have a team with our program, so it is a good way to mingle with each other and have some fun while getting some exercise! Unfortunately the only game we won was Volleyball, so we were eliminated from the other two sports already (it's just a tournament, sadness). We are planning to have some pick-up games though.

Over the weekend there was the Fiesta de Primavera (Spring Kick-off Party), which was super crowded but very popular and somewhat fun, but not that great. Saturday was St. Patrick's Day so some friends and I went to an Irish Pub and had a drink of Guinness (we figured it was only suitable since it was St. Patty's day). Sunday was fun!! My señora has family that lives about an hour away in a town called Herradura. Lucky for us all of her family lives right on the beach, so we spent the day lounging on the beach and having a family gathering. We ate paella which was exciting because I love paella, it's so good! There was also a festival going on while we were there, sort of like a local fair or carnival that we have in the United States. Two of my señora's nieces and one of her sisters danced and sang Flamenco, which was super awesome and a neat experience!

This week I have been busy studying and taking all of my midterms, which are much more easier than they are back at ISU (I'm not complaining). Besides that, I have been playing sports as usual and spending time with my friends and intercambio. I am super super super super super super excited because my intercambio partner is going to get married in a year and she is going to invite me back to come to her wedding!!! I can't wait! And now I have an official excuse to come back to Spain :D

Tonight I am going to a Flamenco show with one of my classes, and right after that I leave for Salamanca, which I have been looking forward to visiting since I have been here!! I am going to meet up with my pen pal which I have been talking to over email, Skype, and Facebook  for about a year now. I can't believe we are actually going to get to meet each other! I am definitely excited and I can't wait to visit the beautiful city.

Well, that was just a quick update of what's going on in my life... here's some photos! I'll be sure to update when I get back from Salamanca.

Herradura
My favorite picture!

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment