Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ronda and Intercambio!

Hello!

This past week I have just been recuperating from my trip. I am enjoying my classes a lot more this week than I was last week. My professors are very lively and passionate about the subject that they teach, so that makes me really motivated as well. I don't really feel like talking about school right now, so I'm going to skip right on over this section. :)

On Friday our program took a day trip to Ronda (a small historic city close to Málaga). It was so beautiful! We learned all about the ancient aqueducts and castles, arabian baths, and other things similar. It was very interesting and it was quite a wonderful sightseeing adventure. I enjoyed the trip very much, and we also found a McDonald's there, and I couldn't resist but to help myself to a delicious Oreo McFlurry (so worth it!). Hmm.... I am trying to think of what else to describe the trip as, but I honestly can't think of much. I'll let some of the pictures do the talking for me :)

Also, I finally got to meet up with my intercambio partner for the first time! Intercambio is a program where a Spanish student and an American student meet up so that we can practice our desired languages (for instance, she wants to practice English and I want to practice Spanish). We usually do one hour of speaking in Spanish and then one hour of speaking in English. She is really nice and very humorous! I love listening to her pronunciation of words (I'm not making fun of her, I'm sure that I sound a little bit ridiculous to her as well). It is really one of the best ways I have been practicing Spanish so far. And she is more relatable and easier to talk to because she is near my age and we have plenty to talk about! I am really excited about being able to meet with her twice a week because not only are we practicing a lot, we're also becoming good friends and it is always nice to have a good friend who is foreign! Now I have at least one excuse to come back to Spain and visit... hahahaha! She embarrassed me today when she told me that I speak Spanish very well and that she wanted to be able to speak English as well as I can speak Spanish. It made my day, but I am not getting a big ego about it because I have plenty to practice as well :)

Other than that, life has been a dream over here. Last night for Valentine's Day I went out with some amigos to a Mexican Restaurant and we had margaritas and some delicious food! I could have eaten another three whole plates... I really miss Mexican food... haha. Anyway, it was a really fun time and I am enjoying everything! Also, I am excited for my parents to come visit in a little more than a month! It will be a great time.

Here are some photos:

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment