Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Carnaval in Cádiz!

Hey everyone!

I have had a busy week - classes kicked into full gear, intercambio, hanging out with friends and the host family, and things like that.

The most exciting thing that happened within the past week was my trip to Cádiz for Carnaval! Carnaval is a huge street party all over the town (mostly in the central plaza area), and people from all over Spain and even other countries come to dress up in costumes and party in the streets... pretty much like Halloween for adults. I went with two girl friends and my Spanish friend! We had a blast. Our bus left on Saturday morning at 9:30 a.m. and it was about a four hour trip to Cádiz. We stayed there the entire time until our bus left to come back home at 4:00 a.m. on Sunday... it was a LONG day! No sleep, just hanging out and meeting a bunch of random people and having a good time. I am glad I went, Cádiz is so beautiful! But it started to get quite messy towards the end of the night... haha.

Anyway, I am going to Germany Thursday night through Tuesday night! We have a five day break because the 28th of February is the "Independence Day" of Andalucía. I am going with one of my best friends, Kelsey, to Berlin and Munich! We are hoping to go visit some famous monuments and definitely go to a concentration camp during our trip. I think that visiting a concentration camp should be a requirement that every person must achieve in their life, because the Holocaust was a huuuuuge part of our world history, and without it our history would be entirely different, which means that potentially many of the things we are doing at this moment could be entirely different. I am looking forward to it quite a bit!

Other than that, not too much is new. Recreation sports begin in March, so I am super excited about that. I found a deadly hill to run up when I'm feeling fat and it kicks my butt every time I do it, but it is so worth it in the end. Hmmm.... I also bought a generic brand of Principe cookies, and it was a really bad idea. They don't even compare.... I feel bad for betraying Señor Principe. At least now I know.

Here's some photos from Cádiz / Carnaval!

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment