Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Tokyo Disney!

Cinderella's Castle
Hello everyone! It's time to share my AWESOME experience at Tokyo Disneyland~! I treated myself and booked a hotel resort for three nights, along with a three-day pass to Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. I have to admit, I had no idea what Disney Sea was before I arrived, but it was so fun (and actually better than Disneyland, to be honest). 

With my best buddy, Goofy

"Critter Sundae"
On the first day, I headed to Disneyland, which I hear is very similar to the one in L.A. Space Mountain, Cinderella's Castle, Splash Mountain, etc. This park is a bit older than Disney Sea, but was still full of fun and adventure. There was a theme for Easter, and an Easter Parade with all of the characters. Unfortunately, there was also an extremely loud and catchy made-up tune that was looping non-stop throughout the entirety of the 45-minute parade, and I was singing it for the rest of my trip. It was called "Usatama on the Run!". I think that is something about eggs, but I'm not sure. There were plenty of eggs everywhere. Haha!

Tokyo Disney Resort

Hispanic Goofy?
The second and third days I decided to spend at Disney Sea, which was SO FREAKING COOL. As can be expected by the name, this park was centered around nautical exploration. It had different themes such as "Mermaid Lagoon" where I watched an Under the Sea musical adventure (all in Japanese), but still sang along with all my favorite Little Mermaid tunes. There was a new Finding Nemo exhibit opening up, but I came just one week too early to be able to go on the attraction. There was a huge "American Waterfront" section which had a bunch of American-style food like reuben sandwiches, fried cod, beer, and more. So yummy! AND a new Toy Story virtual ride based on classic carnival games. There are shooters on the vehicles and you shoot targets in those 3-D games like "egg toss" and "balloon pop".

Mermaid Lagoon
Sunset

The Tower of Terror was also worth checking out, as the story line for Tokyo Disney is totally different than the normal story back in the States. It was super neat. AND the guides even provided an English translation for me as I went through. Very cool and fun ride. My favorite was the Indiana Jones attraction. The props, setting, and overall ride itself were totally awesome. I rode it two or three times, I think.

Overall, it was a very exciting trip to Disneyland and Disney Sea. And so much cheaper than in America! I paid $160 for a three-day pass. That would be the cost of a one-day entry back in the States. Crazy.

Usatama on the Run!

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment