Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Springtime in Gwangyang

Spring has come and flowers are here
Gwangyang is beautiful, tourists draw near
We are famous for Maehwa, the apricot blossom
A week of festivity is really quite awesome


I will tell you the meaning of this unique city name
"Sunshine" is Gwangyang's major claim to fame
Although I am biased, I have to agree
A small, cozy town - perfect fit for me

Enjoy the nature with a walk along the river
A lights and water show the public office will deliver
The locals greet me with bright smiling faces
They tell me about Gwangyang's interesting places


"Ride your bike along the river," they say,
"You won't be disappointed; I'll show you the way"
Longing for adventure, I quickly say, "Okay!"
We rode the whole day, laughing along the way

Springtime marks the season of new beginning
A time to enjoy company with friends at the top of the inning
Eating chicken and beer, soak up the sun
Cheering so loudly, our team hit a home run


The boys are back at school, it's a brand new year
Fresh faces in my classes, the first-years full of fear
I walk into the room and ask, "How are you?"
Drowned out by the sound of, "I'm fine, thank you, and you?"

A busy semester full of teaching and learning
Stuck in the classroom, to play outside the students are yearning
Club activity comes, time to change clothes
Ready to play basketball, sink some free throws


Evening arrives and the streets become empty
Clear skies in the night, the stars are aplenty
The serenity of Gwangyang is comforting to me
"What will tomorrow bring?"
I can't wait to see



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment